How many times have you heard it said that the internet has transformed modern life?
Indeed, it is probably changed how
- you stay in touch with family and friends,
- purchase goods and services, and even
- search for information about health problems.
Today, a variety of telehealth tools are available to help you manage your health care and receive the services you need.
Telehealth is the use of digital information and communication technologies, such as computers and mobile devices, to access health care services remotely and manage your health care. These may be technologies you use from home or that your doctor uses to improve or support health care services.
When COVID-19 hit, providers raced to implement telehealth. More than 80 percent of physicians are already using it or planning to adopt it.
This workshop provides participants with an in-depth review of telehealth operations in the health center setting including the impact of Covid-19 on healthcare workflows and strategies for flawless integration. Telehealth nowadays is an essential and critical component to
- increasing access to care,
- promoting cost-effective service delivery, and
- establishing connections with specialty or remote providers, and
- meeting the challenges of serving diverse patient populations with complex needs.